Special Designated Liquor License Application

You may appear before the Mayor and City Council to obtain a Special Designated Liquor License (SDL). These applications can be obtained at City Hall or online. You will need to submit all requests for SDLs on or before 4:30 pm on the Wednesday prior to a City Council meeting. Council meetings are the 2nd and 4th Tuesday's of the month. If the City Council makes recommendation in favor of your request, the City will then submit the application to the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission. All applications must be received in the Commission Office 10 working days (excluding weekends and holidays) prior to the date of the event.

A license fee of $40 (payable to Nebraska Liquor Control Commission) for each day (no fees if caterer) is required with your application when submitted it to the City Council for consideration.

The City Clerk will be responsible for obtaining the signed statement from the Local Police Chief for submission with your application.

Do not send the application directly to the Commission as they will return the form requesting the City's recommendation for approval or denial.

Further Information

If you have any questions regarding this application, you may contact the City Clerk at 402-426-4191 or the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission at 402-471-2571.