Rhoades Park was established in 1926. Land for Rhoades Park was donated by the Rhoades family of Blair. The east side of the park features a large display of varieties of roses. The park also has a bench swing, a playground and a small picnic area with a grill. There are no restrooms. A sidewalk the length of the park leads to a pedestrian bridge over South Creek and to nearby Ralph Steyer Park.
History of the Site
A plaque on a boulder explains the history of this site: the old territorial military trail between Omaha and Decatur, established in 1855 by the federal government, passed by here, and the first school house, built in 1866 in what was then known as Carter Valley, stood here.